Stimulating iGaming Careers
With Gaming talent headhunted from our peer providers in the industry, our teams across the world are passionate about leading towards the Gaming experience of the future.
Our Core Values
We do what we say, on time, every time. We work closely with our clients to provide robust and effective plans of action, working strategically to deliver the optimal iGaming solutions for your specific business objectives and audience needs.
We’re dedicated to progression
We employ industry experts around the world with specialist knowledge in emerging markets and localisation, who keep one step ahead of market trends to ensure that our customers stay ahead of the game.
We invest in the best iGaming developers, design teams and infrastructure around the world to deliver progressive, constantly evolving technological solutions that help to give our operator clients the competitive edge.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Hold a degree in Mathematics or a numerate field, with knowledge of probability and statistics being advantageous.
• Track record of managing an analytical team’s output, capturing requirements, prioritising tasks, and effectively managing expectations.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience in extracting, analysing, and interpreting large and complex data sets.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar BI/Analytics focused role.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL and analytics tools incl. dimensional data modeling tools.
• Familiarity with the online gambling industry is desirable.
• Mathematically minded, comfortable with statistics, probability, and logical problem-solving.
• Deep understanding of best practices for data analysis and visualization platforms.
Desired Certifications and Additional Qualifications:
• Certifications in data analytics, such as Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) or Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate.
• Proficiency in other business intelligence tools like Tableau or PowerBI.
• Advanced analytics techniques – customer segmentations, churn prediction, lifetime value prediction etc. is a strong plus.
• Strong communication, stakeholder management, and critical thinking abilities.
Job role responsibilities
• Analyze and understand business requirements and translate them into dashboard designs and data analyses that clearly tell a story.
• Work closely with BI developers to evaluate and potentially implement new BI systems (such as MicroStrategy or PowerBI), to extend the capabilities of both internal and external reports and data visualizations.
• Proactively perform deep dive analysis, then communicate and collaborate with business stakeholders to deliver reasonable insights and recommendations.
• Develop new reports tailored to different teams within the organisation, providing timely updates on overall KPIs and individual client KPIs.
• Prepare and deliver monthly financial reports with comprehensive insights to stakeholders, including the Exec team, Product Teams, and Key Account Managers.
• Take ownership of data analyses workflows, from request to delivery of data, reporting, and analysis, driving value and efficiency improvements.
• Develop strong relationships with Product Owners, Product Managers, and team members.
• Collaborate closely with Product and Operational teams to provide engaging and clear insights in the appropriate context, enabling actionable recommendations.
• Enhance data accessibility within the department, including building business cases to enrich the data warehouse and improve the quality of analysis.
• Mentoring Junior and Mid-level data team members
• Investigate data issues and suggest improvements on data pipelines.
• Prepare ad-hoc reports using SQL queries.
• Reports and dashboards automation using SQL functions / Python.
• Collaborate with Data Engineers on developing and automating analytical data sets.
• Ensure reporting processes and procedures are fully documented and constantly reviewed in line with changing business and customer requirements.
Projects and Initiatives:
• Lead the implementation of a comprehensive customer lifetime value modelling system, combining it with acquisition spend information to provide key KPI statistics and ROI analysis by granular channel.
• Drive the development and delivery of innovative analytical solutions that enable the company’s rapid digital revenue growth.
• Establish a robust data governance framework, including data quality management processes and compliance protocols, to ensure accurate and reliable insights.
• Contribute to the company’s growth, revenue generation, and competitive advantage by providing key insights, analysis, and new thinking based on data-driven decision-making.
• Help Product team to Influence strategic decision-making processes by delivering actionable recommendations and insights to the Exec team and other stakeholders.
• Partner closely with Product, Operational and Data teams to identify opportunities for optimization, process improvement, and innovation, based on data insights.
At Sportingtech we are working hard striving for excellence and to do so requires an excellent, hardworking and diverse team. We strive to do what is right, its part of what we stand for as we work towards an inclusive future for everyone at Sportingtech and beyond.
We can’t deliver without our ‘people’ and to help ensure we get the best out of everyone we ensure you feel included and above all else, heard! We employ people who are different, who bring new and refreshing ideas to the teams, we allow everyone to feel empowered and best of all to thrive in their career with us.
Where you Fit In
The data team, responsible for maintaining and developing end-to-end data and business intelligence solutions. The team is made up of highly skilled professionals who are dedicated to ensuring that our organization’s data is accurate, reliable, and easily accessible. Data team work closely with other departments to understand their data needs and provide them with the information they require to make informed decisions.
The Senior Data Analyst is a vital role within the data team. This is a bridge between Data Engineers, BI Developers and businesspeople. The data analyst translates business requirements into analytical data sets that could be used from the BI Developers and works on the automation of those data sets with data engineers. The role is also supporting other internal stakeholders (i.e. customer facing teams, finance etc.) with ad-hoc reports and analyses, to help them in making data driven decisions and effective business choices. In addition, the Data Analyst in involved troubleshooting, improving existing BI systems and data pipelines, also ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of data-driven solutions.
• Databases – PostgreSQL and Oracle
• Programming languages – SQL / Python / VBA
• BI tools – PowerBI / Microstrategy
Environment and Perks
No matter whether you work in one of our many offices, hybrid or remote, we will provide all hardware you require to do the job. You will be part of a team of likeminded people. Flexible core hours in the offices are also offered for the days you need to be around people.
If you are joining one of our offices from abroad, we will take care of everything you need from booking and arranging your flights, sorting temp accommodation whilst you find your new home, to getting your paperwork in order.
What we offer
At Sportingtech, we realize to get top talent we need to offer great packages along with support and development to inspire great performance. Join us on a competitive salary along with a great range of benefits:
Hybrid Working :Is available for all roles
Culture: Growing company with a startup mentality moving at a great speed to drive the business to match our values.
Learning & Dev: Personal and professional development are important to us all. We actively support your development and growth to develop your career along with our business and take us both to the next level.
Wellness: We give you an allowance every year to spend across a menu of options that work for your personally and your own wellness. We also offer counselling and mental health support through our PHI
Private Health: BUPA, Uniqa or equivalent which also includes Dental and all those things you don’t want to worry about when unwell.
Office: Offices in London, Malta, Portugal and Bulgaria with more to come
Social: Great package of team building events, summer parties, and those drinks after work along with BBQ’s to get you mixing and meeting new colleagues.