Location: Saint Julian’s, Malta
Stimulating iGaming Careers
With Gaming talent headhunted from our peer providers in the industry including Betfair, Betway, SBTech, Sporting Solutions, Sportradar, Tabcorp and William Hill, our teams across the world are passionate about leading towards the Gaming experience of the future.
Our Core Values
We do what we say, on time, every time. We work closely with our clients to provide robust and effective plans of action, working strategically to deliver the optimal iGaming solutions for your specific business objectives and audience needs.
We’re dedicated to progression
We employ industry experts around the world with specialist knowledge in emerging markets and localisation, who keep one step ahead of market trends to ensure that our customers stay ahead of the game.
We invest in the best iGaming developers, design teams and infrastructure around the world to deliver progressive, constantly evolving technological solutions that help to give our operator clients the competitive edge.
The Head of Legal and Compliance will be responsible for ensuring that the company operates according to the highest legal, and compliance standards for a B2B Supplier and will provide legal support and advice across various departments and Sportingtech entities. This position will form part of the Malta based legal and compliance team.
The Head of Legal and Compliance holds responsibility for the managing all the compliance requirements across the Sportingtech Group, excluding technical compliance matters, which holds B2B Licenses in Malta and in Curacao, and other jurisdictions as these arise.
Reporting into Sportingtech’s Chief Legal and Compliance Officer, you will be the hands-on, main point of contact for stakeholders in advising the Sportingtech business in fulfilling all of its obligations for compliance and reporting with the terms of its Malta B2B licenses. You will also be delegated some contract and legal work as this may be needed across the business, reviewing of game supply agreements as well as issuing standard template agreements and assisting the CLCO on all legal and compliance related audits, initiatives, and requirements.
You will also be responsible for assisting with the company’s legal function, ensuring that the internal service consistently meets service standards and helps maintain the growth and innovation of our business.
- Direct Contact with various aspects of the business for day-to-day contractual reviews, negotiations, and drafting including: Non-Disclosure Agreements/Confidentiality Agreements, Software Platform Agreements, Games Agreements, Live Casino, Data and Sports Agreements & Data Processing Agreements.
- Using standard contract templates to prepare/agree to other agreements (e.g. Service Terms and Conditions, subcontracts, consultancy, agency, and reseller agreement)
- Checking terms of standard agreements against Company policy and terms of standard forms.
- Amendments to/extension of existing agreements including novation’s and addenda;
- Management of renewal/extension dates and related negotiation timetable.
- Advising the organization: (i) on appropriate compliance measures in order to comply with B2B licenses in Malta and Curacao; (ii) on commercial, as well as legal, aspects of transactions and negotiating with counterparty legal, commercial, and procurement teams; (iii) legal and regulatory developments for core markets;
- Management of existing policies: keeping these reviewed and updated once each year together with the respective policy owners;
- Compliance with policies and directive issued by the MGA affecting the B2B license held;
- Prep and research for presentation of legal issues to management together with analysis, options, and recommendations.
- Working as a team with other legal and compliance members of the team; and
- Any other ad-hoc duties that may be required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Juris Doctor with 4+ years of experience
- Experience with other MGA licensees (B2B);
- Licensed to practice law in Malta or at least one European jurisdiction;
- Good knowledge of gaming law and regulations, corporate and commercial law, and data protection law considered;
- Good understanding of compliance in western Europe and LATAM
- Ability to work independently and cooperate with different teams;
- Excellent analytical skills with the capacity of identifying all risks and proactively choosing the best solutions